A big thank-you to Kerry over at Aspernauts: the View from Here. It feels especially fitting as her blog was one of the first ones I really took a shine to. The timing of receiving this award was perfect; I needed a reminder that it’s worth taking the time to write. Thanks for that, Kerry!
So here are the official rules:
1. Display the award on your blog and thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Post seven heretofore undisclosed things about yourself.
3. Nominate fifteen further bloggers with the award and add links and comments to those nominees’ blogs.
4. Title your head, assume a quizzical expression, and marvel at the randomness of it all!
Now here’s how I’m going to break said rules. Most of the bloggers I’m going to list are already well-established and perhaps don’t need (or have time) for chain awards like this. Also, “Versatile” Blogger may not be the most appropriate title for some, but I simply love their blogs too much not to mention them.
I just want to take advantage of this opportunity to simply say THANK YOU to the following bloggers and let them know how they’ve inspired me.
My Many Muses
Sammiches and Psych Meds: Seriously Lola. From the moment I sent you that random rant on FB Messenger last April, you’ve inspired me. Even before that, I was a follower of your blog (even when it had a different name), always thinking to myself, “I want to do that!” Now, I am doing it, and I’d be a fool not to thank you for it.
Another Effin’ Autism Blog
Autism with a Side of Fries
Superstar writers of autism: you ladies probably have NO idea you have inspired me. I’ve done some major cyber stalking of your blogs, merely reading and learning (a ton!) and reading some more. You made me realize last spring that people write about this stuff (I really had no idea until last year when I received my son’s diagnosis). You made me realize that I could write about this “stuff” too and find some true cathartic relief and camaraderie with it. Thank you.
Little Miss Perfect: Simply put, I think you’re hilarious. So many things you write about, I find myself nodding in agreement. We think A LOT alike. It’s comforting to find good company.
A Morning Grouch: The first time you commented on my blog, I literally did a happy dance. She likes me! She really likes me! You’re up there in the stratosphere of bloggers who have made it, and I am humbled when you travel down for a visit.
The Last Half: Outlier Babe, you have the most amazing writer’s voice. Your often self-deprecating and unabashed humor is so refreshing. Your comments are as great as your posts. Such a fun read!
The Sensory Spectrum: I’ve found a slew of fantastic blogging buddies through this site and the blog hop it hosts. Jenny, you’re amazing for taking the time to organize it. I’m learning so much. Here are just a few of the bloggers from the hop I’ve really enjoyed getting to know.
The Runaway Mama
Putting Socks on Chickens
Full Spectrum Mama
Stay Quirky my Friends
A is for Anxiety: I feel like you’re that under-appreciated friend, and I mean that in the best way. You have been such a loyal reader, and I am often a slacker in that department. But I love what and why you write, and I hope you keep doing it.
Oh, and just for fun, here are seven facts you probably didn’t know about Mommy Catharsis.
- I have discussed my vagina in front of thousands of other college students.
- I was once a dwarf and traveled to the ends of Middle Earth with Bilbo Baggins.
- I once died after giving birth to thousands of spider babies.
- I used to run an all-girls boarding school.
- I contributed to the mass hysteria of the Salem Witch Trials.
- I’ve been decapitated with a guillotine.
- I used to be a gypsy selling questionable medicinals to willing strangers.
Did I mention I have a degree in Theater?